Saturday, March 24, 2012

What's Cooking?

This week in the 4/46 kitchen, I have been experimenting with some new dishes and some old favorites. On Tuesday I cooked up some Thai green curry using coconut milk and hokkien noodles (instead of rice).


On Wednesday I made pumpkin soup from an actual pumpkin and carrots, onion, ginger cinnamon and served with yogurt and toasted pumpkin seeds.


On Friday morning my flatmates and I made pancakes before class. These pancakes had banana, chocolate chips and berries in them. Yum.
But don't be too impressed, dad, we did not make them from scratch. One of the greatest things about New Zealand is you can buy pancake mix in an easy pour bottle. Just add water and shake :)

Haha, thats not cheating too much, right?

Then for dinner I made 5 can (vegetarian) chili. This recipe comes from camping out on Isle Royale this summer, a really yum, easy dish to throw together and not hard to guess what the five cans are. I added some fresh veggies to mine as well to jazz it up a bit.
Served with avocado and shredded cheese - a feast!



More about the weeks non-culinary adventures soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment