Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Surfs Up

For our first activity weekend (Saturday, Feb. 25th), Arcadia took us to St. Clair Beach for a surf lesson! After a long week of O-week activities, it was really fun to hit the beach. The water was freezing cold, but we were toasty in our stylin’ wet suits (photo thanks to Amanda S.).


Its great having a beach so close to the University and I hope to get out here again while the warm weather holds because surfing was great! I really feel as if is my true calling in life. I was able to stand on the board several times and even managed to ride a few waves (maybe). But seriously, it was a blast, and a good work out too—my arms were super tiered after all the paddling and pushing myself up into the proper surfer stance (seen below).

** NEW PICS ADDED **

First, some dry-land training...

In the water!

First try!

Now shes got it...

Wahoooo!

WIPE OUT!!


1 comment:

  1. oh my god this makes me so happy! so glad you're having a great time abroad, and making this a food blog is totally acceptable :)

    ReplyDelete