Sunday, March 11, 2012

Food Day

At the risk of this blog becoming a food blog, I am going to talk about some of the other delicious creations I have been making in our lovely flat kitchen. One of the best things about flat life is cooking. Another great thing about living in New Zealand is that right now all the late summer crops are abundant (peaches, nectarines, apricots, corn, apples, pears, and more)
Saturday morning we went to the Dunedin Farmers Market at the train station and I brought home some delicious fresh fruits and veggies. Here is a picture of the spoils:

After the farmers market I made myself one of the worlds finest grilled cheese sandwiches (if I do say so myself) with avocado and tomato.

I went for a little jog around the reservoir, working up an appetite for a dinner cooked with flatmates. The dinner ended up being a smorgasbord of really delicious food. I prepared vegetable fritters with zucchini, potato, onion, and carrot served with Greek style yogurt.



Maria and William combined forces to make the greatest pizza ever created. Here is a picture of Master Chef William delicately adding the mozzarella cheese


and here is a picture of Master Chef Maria showing him how to really add the cheese generously!

The pizza was then topped with so many toppings we could hardly fit them all on top. There was tomato, pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, salami, olives, spinach, and feta cheese. YUM!


To add to the feast, Cameron got home a bit later and made some Asian inspired stir fry. Here is a picture of Master Chef Cameron deboning a piece of chicken (perhaps for the first time).


And I helped him out by preparing some rice -- my first time using a rice cooker!


All around a very tasty day.



**Also, be sure to check out February's blog post about surfing. New photos just added courtesy of Steve.




No comments:

Post a Comment