Sunday, May 20, 2012

Still Cooking...

So, I've sort of strayed away from talking about food because I find the non-cooking related blog posts far more interesting and less likely to make me hungry. But I wanted to show off a few of the things I've made over the past month. I have really been enjoying perusing some other food blogs for inspiration. 

Homemade bagels made with Courtland.

A rockin' breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese on my homemade bagel.

French Toast with mixed berry compote.

Lentil soup.

Polenta pizza - the crust is made from baked polenta and there is feta, spinach, tomato, kalamata olives and mushrooms on top. 

Spinach pockets with roasted root vegetables (potato, pumpkin and parsnips).

Another spinach pocket (I used frozen pastry dough). 
Stuffed courgettes (courgette is the kiwi word for zucchini; these were particularly good stuffed with peas, carrots, onions, rice and cheese). 
I've also made (but not photo documented) hummus a couple of times, potato leek soup, chocolate cookies, cinnamon swirl bread and granola.

1 comment: